Sleep is essentially for everything. If I have a bad sleep I usually have a slow morning but become better throughout the day. Recently, I have had sleeping trouble because of change of schedule and new living conditions. Here are some ways to get better sleep.
- Sleep Schedule– Having a consistent sleeping schedule creates good sleeping results. You can plan to get as much sleep as you want and need.
- Sleeping Eye Mask– Most nights I sleep with an eye mask. It helps keep my eyes from twitching during REM sleep.
- Soft or Meditation Music– This is helpful if you can not sleep in silence.
- Reduce Lights– Sometimes sleeping with a night light or seeing light from under the door can be disturbing sleep.
- Reduce Technology– I sleep with my cell phone and I check my phone before bed. After that I plug in my charger, put it on DO NOT DISTURB (on iPhones you can still set alarms with this feature), and I turn my phone down. This helps keep me from hearing notifications in my sleep.
- Drink Milk– Drinking milk helps calm my mind. It makes me sleepy. Milk has an amino acid, tryptophan. Milk also contains melatonin, a hormone that induces sleep.