I enjoyed watching movies this year. I had a nice list of movies.
1.. Tokyo Godfathers– An anime movie about three homeless people who find an abandoned baby. The story is heartwarming and it is a non traditional holiday movie. It is one of my favorite animated films to watch. It helps me get into the holiday spirit.
2. Arthur Christmas (2011)– A cute animation about Santa’s youngest son, Arthur delivering a christmas gift to a child that was missed by Santa.
3. Holidate (2020), Netflix Original- A holiday Rom-Com. Two strangers agree to be each other’s platonic plus-ones all year long.
4. Midnight at the Magnolia (2020)– A holiday Rom-Com. Longtime friends and local radio hosts Maggie and Jack fake being a couple in hopes of getting their show nationally syndicated.
5. Elf (2003)– Buddy (the elf) travels to New York in search of his real father.
6. Santa Girl (2019)– Santa’s only daughter sets off to college before she is required to marry the son of Jack Frost and take over the family business.
7. The Christmas Chronicles (2018)– Kate and Teddy hatch a scheme to capture Santa Claus on Christmas Eve.
8. Christmas with a View (2018)– A holiday Rom-Com. Secret aspirations between a failed restaurateur and a celebrity chef threaten their blossoming Christmas romance.
9. National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation (1989)– As the holidays approach, Clark Griswold wants to have a perfect family Christmas.
10. Christmas Wedding Planner (2017)– A wedding planner is planning her cousin’s lavish wedding when she falls for a handsome private investigator.
11. The Polar Express (2004)– A doubting young boy takes a train ride to the North Pole.
12. My Best Friend’s Christmas (2019)– A woman returns home to find her ex in a relationship, she enlists her best friend to act as her fake boyfriend.
13. Christmas at the Chateau (2019)– Three sisters try to save the Shakespeare Chateau, a historic mansion and beloved family home.
14. Ghosting: The Spirit of Christmas (2019)– Jess goes on the greatest first date of her life, but “ghosts” Ben when she tragically dies in a car accident on the way home.
15. Just Friends (2005)– High school student Chris loves his best friend, Jamie. He finally confesses his feelings, but she tells him that she just wants to be friends, and he leaves town in shame. Ten years later, he finds himself stuck in his hometown for the holidays.
16. Christmas Catch (2018)– Detective Mackenzie goes under cover to catch a suspected diamond thief.
17. A Bad Mom’s Christmas (2017)– Moms Amy, Kiki and Carla rebel against the challenges and expectations of Christmas.
18. Home for Christmas (2019) Netflix Original TV Show, Season 1 & 2– Perpetually single Johanne is tired of the constant comments on her relationship status. She starts a 24-day hunt for a boyfriend to bring home for Christmas.
19. A New York Christmas Wedding (2020)– A Yuletide angel shows a bride what could have been if she had followed her secret feelings for her best friend.
20. Holiday Engagement (2011)– A woman gets engaged, only for her fiance to leave her just before she is due to head home for Thanksgiving. She hires an actor to pose as her future husband.
21. Disney’s A Christmas Carol (2009)– A classic tale about Ebenezer Scrooge.
22. Jingle Jangle (2020)– Decades after his apprentice betrays him, a once joyful toy maker finds new hope when his bright young granddaughter appears on his doorstep.
23. A Preacher’s Wife (1996)-A cleric begins to doubt himself and is visited by an angel. This is a remake version of the The Bishop’s Wife.
24. Operation Christmas Drop (2020), Netflix Original– Congressional aide Erica lands at a beachside Air Force base, where she clashes with Capt. Andrew over his pet project, Operation: Christmas Drop.
25. The Princess Switch, Switched Again (2020), Netflix Original– Duchess Margaret unexpectedly inherits the throne to Montenaro and hits a rough patch with boyfriend Kevin. Her double, Princess Stacy, makes it her goal to get them back together.